- We take reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. For example, we maintain our files in secure offices and limit access to Personal Information to individuals with a need to know.
Access/correction/updating Personal Information
- You can contact us to access, correct or update your Personal Information. Unless we are subject to confidentiality obligation or some other restriction on giving access to the information and we are permitted to refuse you access under the Privacy Act, we will endeavour to make your information available to you within 30 days. Examples of circumstances where we may refuse to give you access to your Personal Information include where:
- giving access would be unlawful;
- we reasonably believe that giving you access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual or to public health or public safety;
- giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- the information could reveal the intentions of a party in negotiations;
- giving access could prejudice the taking of appropriate action in relation to unlawful activity;
- giving access could reveal evaluative information in a commercially sensitive decision-making process.
- If you request to correct your Personal Information, we will correct, or, if we consider more appropriate, note your request for amendment of the information on your record.
- We will not charge you to make a request to access your record but we may charge you to actually provide access depending on the costs associated with obtaining and providing the material.
These actions can usually be taken by contacting a customer relations representative using the contact information on the "Contact Us" section below.
Notification of Changes
Complaints / Contact us